No. Trees are a natural, renewable resource that can be continually harvested and replanted without serious environmental impact.
- Wood floors last generations making replacement a nonissue
- Wood floors use less water and energy to produce than other flooring options
- Average annual net growth for hardwoods is greater than average annual harvesting
- Indoor air quality is better with wood floors
- Trees are carbon neutral and produce oxygen while storing carbon during lifecycles
- At the end of its extended service life, wood flooring can be burned as fuel or recycled